A really big part of this is how hard are you going to push it? Most folks on this forum including me have pretty modest requirements even when using a DAW separate from using Biab.

By modest I mean I only work with a few instrument tracks while a lot of YT users talk about doing symphonic stuff that can run to 50-75 or even 150 instrument tracks and plugins.

Typically I may create a few different bass tracks, maybe 3 or 4 drum tracks a couple of guitar tracks etc. Total tracks before I start culling the heard might be 12 or 15. That does not require a super robust computer even if you're running Kontakt. But if you're using a big softsynth like Kontakt and running 75 tracks at once, that's a totally different strain on the CPU. Effects plugins add up too. An amp sim, delay, a Leslie for organ all count as a separate track or thread or whatever. It can add up. Still for me anyway I do small band stuff. Guitar, bass, keys, drums and maybe live sax and vocals. Each of those might have a few comp tracks. Not a lot of CPU strain there.

And don't forget the very old but still valid trick of rendering to audio. If your PC starts choking from running too many VSTi's in real time just render some of it to audio. Problem solved. That's how people were producing pro level tracks 25 years ago using an ancient 486 machine.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.