Hello Jim M, Ed Z, Dave and Jim,

Thanks for listening to both versions of the song and your judgement.
It seems the folk version is ahead of the Funky one. I hadn't expected that, though I also prefer the Folk version more. I could do more with emotions in it, the other one is just joyfull and nearly reggae. That twist to -say- reggae was not realy intended. It came when I was singing the other vocals in the chorus and heard what it did to the song.

In the folk version I worked more with Melodyne for all kinds of vocal effects (and the gospeltrack I mentioned before).
Jim M, as you mentioned, you could make a totally different song, with the same chords and lyrics. I like that to. Disadvantage of that is you want them both.

Ed, nice to read you're a funk freak and still choose for the Folk version. According to the vocals I heard some problems as well. Don't know if that is a phase thing or something else. And like floyd mentioned, the sound of the vocals was sometimes a bit too high (hurting his ears). I did some changings with the help of Total Balance2 from Ozone and saw it had to be nicer now. I changed the original with that one on SC. Problem with my ears is I can't hear the very high tones too well.

Dave, you actually said the same thing I mention in this post. And that is what I like about making songs. You have many directions to choose from. It remarkable, and nice, to notice how the vocals of a straight song also fit in a swing song. Without any changing of the singing. I sometimes do that with my own songs to get me new ideas.
And Jim, you're right about why you prefer the Folk version, normally spoken... ButI have a woman who differs from that behavior how women (should) respond on sweet, romantic songs. She prefered the Funky version...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130