Quote:

All the parts were rendered out at their "optimal" speed - for example, "PopLiverpool Ev 065" was rendered as a .WAV file at 65BPM, and then stretched out to 120 BPM using elastique in Reaper. BiaB 2011 makes this unnecessary, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to upgrade.

Same here about the upgrade. I've never tried stretching anything RT's in reaper. I'll have to give that a go.

When I say it sounds quantized, I'm not refering to arrangement choices. I mean it sounds perfectly on the ones- very stiff perfect time. It may very well have something to do with the stretching you did in reaper. I notice it most in the beginning measures. Interestingly, I think this track might work better at a slower tempo too.

Quote:

but I'm a sucker for Mark Knopfler-style licks.

Me too. I tried like hell to work some of those licks into a current track I'm working on, but they just don't cut it. It's just not appropriate for the style song I'm working on. But it was a close call though! LOL! It was either making me happy, or the song happy. Gotta go with the song, as always.

I don't know if you were around when I did my experimental thing with lots of different instruments mixed and matched into a song. I was really happy with how everything worked together. I used GPO on mine as well, although I just used it for a generic string pad of sorts. If you're interested, I'll post it in this thread for a listen- for nothing but it being the same kind of track for the same kind of purpose. It was that track that made me realize how much power I just put in my hands getting this software. Gotta love it! In fact like you, I'm finding biab and reaper to be an awesome combo.

Dan