My experience thus far is that the audio file version isn't hands down needed to make quality, pro level tracks. I always work at 24/44 and I too was a bit leary of having WMA files as opposed to going with audiophile version. Happily, to my picky ears it's just not a problem. The biggest challenge with the 2010 version has been time stretching and pitch shifting in certain instances. It is this area that will give you more challenges from time to time than the audio quality of the original files. But the 2011 version has addressed this it seems, so even that won't hold you up any longer. As long as you can get clean, artifact free stretched and pitched tracks when you're working, there isn't a single thing bad about the audio quality of the ultra pack or less. Not to my ears. The files sound great by default and respond as expected to the mixing chores of eq, compression, etc- as well as applying plugins to them. And really, no one is gonna pick it out and say- nice track but it wasn't wav files! What they will pick up on is the quality of the song, arrangement, any artifacts you may have let get by from massaging the tracks, and the end product of your mix/master. All of that is in the operators hands to get right, except for the softwares ability to give you great results from stretching and pitching- no matter a WMA or wav file. As I said, the 2011 version is where you want to be. But really, 100% of the outcome is in your hands and the talent you bring to the table, no matter what the challenge or file rates you're working with. I've heard some great work done here and it wasn't the audiophile versions as far as I know. I have a couple of my own I could point you to, but PM me about it. I don't want to seem like I'm plugging my work.

I can't imagine a better tool than biab and real tracks and drums to have at your disposal. You do need some good editing skills and some inginuity at times. And some extra drum samples helps big time as well. All that combined goes a long way to people not saying it's a biab track. Certainly WAY more than the choice of the audiophile version. In your shoes, I wouldn't hesitate for a second picking up 2011 ultra pack. Good luck.

Dan