Hi Dave,

Go for the best and fastest computer possible with the biggest hard-drive and the most RAM that your dollar allows you to buy That philosophy has always worked for me.

Regarding operating systems, the choice is between 32-bit and 64-bit. Eighteen months ago I did a little bit of research and discovered that many of my programs wouldn't work in a 64-bit environment and so I chose 32-bit, Vista. My programs were important and I wasn't prepared to sacrifice them. Once I had the OS installed, I then discovered that Vista did not have drivers for my soundcard. This was a bit upsetting seeing that I had spent a reasonable sum to get an upmarket external soundcard. Eventually I got the soundcard working but it wasn't without its dramas. My advice regarding 64/32-bit is to do your homework and find out which will work best for you given your situation. Also, do your homework in relation to the OS and whether or not drivers are available for things like scanners, soundcards, etc.

From a BIAB perspective, the soft synth VSC/DXi will not work in a 64-bit environment: this piece of software is exclusively 32-bit. From what I understand from the posts on these forums is that all other aspects of BIAB/RB are fine in a 64-bit Windows environment. I'm sure that others will chime in with their thoughts on this, too.

Regards,
Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 01/19/11 04:10 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024