Quote:

I also loved the tone of the archtop, but it does not sound as clear as the solid body. I'm not a guitarist, so I have no idea why that would be. It's not just the volume of the recording, either: the first guitar was louder than the second (which would normally make it sound "better" just for that reason, and yet everyone likes the second).

Were these two recorded the same way? If you can record the tone of the second but get the clarity of the first recording, I would prefer that.

I am a guitar player but I also ditto the "not as clear." While my initial reaction before even hearing was that the archtop would/should have been the clear cut winner for the proposed use. However, now my question is, given what I heard, would it actually support a singer/sax or muddy them up (if recorded exactly as this MP3 sounds)?

Which leads to Matt’s other question - especially for electric “git fiddles” in terms of not only how recorded but, and again for the intended use, I would also ask through what type amp?

Since I know you have access to some really good performing jazz guitarists I will not presume to name any amps - just that they are capable of big clear sound, warm but not bassy (the archtop doesn’t need any added boominess).

PS – any reason we can’t have BOTH guitars (some tunes scream for "earth tone" archtop - others call for blue sky clarity of the roadster.

In any case - can't wait next batch of RT's
Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20