Quote:

Since I can't edit the original, let me sum things up.

I started to experiment with Real Band after using BIAB for a few months. I had someone helping me via remote connection to my computer. Things went well while he was connected. When he disconnected, I tried to add real time audio to an empty track. That is where the problems started. The tracks would show to be recorded, but there was no wave data showing. Through my experimenting, many suggestions offered, and a great deal of (quite likely unneccesary) frustration fueled venting, I finally tried one last thing, which was moving my M-Audio MIDI interface connection from my USB hub to a USB port on the computer and restarting. As a result of moving to a new USB port, the restart also redetected the interface, and reloaded the existing drivers for it. Started Real Band again, and it worked. I have not been up there yet today, but will go up later and move it BACK to the hub and see of it was really the reconnection to a direct USB port that resolved it or power cycling the computer. I really suspect it is a combination of the two, but if it works when I plug it back into the hub, then it was the power cycle.

I will keep you posted.

I'll go up right after this next helping of crow....

Still haven't heard back about the testing of the HUB. It's been 16 hours since you started on that Crow. It was pretty big though.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php