Quote:

What Ed needs right now is a good multiple-channel capable soundcard. (And, of course, a mixer that has the separate channel "insert" capability required.)

Okay, now I am confused yet again. The way you worded that, it sounds like you meant a sound card with 8 outs on the back of an actual card that goes into a PCI slot. That would make the thing like 12 inches wide, which of course wouldn't fit into a computer case, so it's either an outboard or an inboard with a breakout box. I thought that (breakout box) was the concept of the MOTU unit, a sound card that feeds it's own flavor of firewire into the rack piece which wil mux 8 into 1 going in and 1 into 8 coming out.

And when I hear the word "insert", I think of the row of 1'4" jacks on a mixer that accepts 1/4" stereo plus that loop an effect. Were you using it that way, or did you mean inputs like where I plug in my keyboards?

Quote:

Rather than stacking two to get the number of needed channels, I would recommend looking into a single solution that has the requisite number of separate channels available. The M-Audio Delta 1010 series does, and is the price leader. We also know that for the most part it works and plays well with the already mentioned softwares and has good driver support.

I will look at that also, but when I can buy MOTU's for $100 or less, it's hard to pass up.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.