Quote:

After listening to both songs twice, i have to say they are kind of similar. Seems that they use some of the same RTs, and have some common roots, in their chord structure. The full song beds are different in line structure, and the finished sound is different.

Actually Robert, i don't think Josie was trying to accuse you of anything, just somewhat taken back. I do see where you could take her comments in that direction though.

Sad when we clash over things like this, but really most musicians tend to be kind of sensitive to their creations.

I hope you all can find a peaceful solution to all this and not allow it to affect you to deeply. <aybe it would be a good time to just chalk it up to the fact that typed media can be rather misleading at times, and leave it at that.

Hopeful, Rob

Rob,

I don't believe this was a 'misunderstanding'. It began with this statement:

“...this song starts off exactly like our song "Borderline" and then uses our intro over and over...”

The inference is clear; I lifted their intro and wrote this song from it. As I stated, I had never even heard their song until it was linked in this thread as “proof” of my plagiarism.

'...our intro...'?

PG Music's intro, actually. Anyone who types in those particular chords into that particular style will produce the same progression. Hence, they sound ' kind of similar'.

To imply that I would steal from anyone, let alone this particular entity, is not only ludicrous, but highly insulting.

I am completely open to forgetting the entire sordid matter, as soon as a sincere apology is offered. As I said – that would be the honorable thing to do.

I am not holding my breath though.