Quote:

What piece of music changes chords more than 4 times per bar? I know some classical music does in effect but I'm hard pressed to recall anything from a standard repertoire I know that requires that feature.

This is indeed asked for, I'd just like 3 or so examples off the top of someone's head. Realistically, in order to rewrite the math behind this to accomplish that, then change the input methods, etc, well that must be quite a task. So let's build up a wish list of songs that we can't do and see what shakes out.

I find that it's not so much a matter of replicating written chord changes so much as the ability to define your own accompaniment patterns on the chord sheet that fit the rhythmic movement of the tune.

Sometimes you might want patterns that give you a rhythmic/chordal embellishment of the main chord, a sort of cadence within a cadence if you like. e.g D7,Eb7, Emaj7 where Eb7 is an eighth after D7 and Emaj7 an eighth after that...just one possibility.

This capability along with shots holds and the ^symbol to define anticipations would be all you would need to make user defined patterns that fitted almost any song.

And there's the rub, because any improved BIAB arrangement capabilities using overriding commands, run counter to the idea of 'auto' accompaniment as a one-click-it-does-everything-for-you routine that can only be altered at the level of the stylemaker.

Regards

Alan

Last edited by alan S.; 12/09/11 05:55 AM.