As we conclude our last trip around the sun and prepare for the next go-round, it is customary to reflect on the previous year's significance.

There have been some really good events and some really bad events in 2011. Here on the forum people rallied around friends whose circumstances were reeling from illness, floods, finances, fires and the passing of loved ones. The support of friends is a good thing.

At times we expressed differing opinions about faith, politics, even musical preferences... but in the end it remained friendly and we were all introduced to opinions we might not have considered otherwise. I think discussion is a good thing.

Every day huge amounts of time were dedicated to the task of offering help to new and old users who were bogged down over one obstacle or another. The willingness to help others is a good thing.

I feel blessed to be a part of this community, and I thank Peter Gannon and company for making the forum and the wonderful products available to us all. I hope your next trip around the sun will be made in the presence of friends.