During beta testing all I really did with the new style disk 77 was run through it once to check for any obvious glitches etc. I suppose like most folks, I was too busy trying out the 20 new sets of realtracks! But now it's February and I've had a bit more time I've had the chance to audition it in more relaxed times. All I want to say is don't over look it because it's midi only - that would be a loss! There are a lot of really good styles in here, as well as some hidden gems. A good example is UKPWRBAL which has a really excellent embedded piano solo in the demo - think Elton John about Tumbleweed Connection time, as well as really nice brass. UKBIGROK is a chance to impress your grandkids with your best Coldplay impressions. UKBLUE is a nice early 70s MOR/Pop sort of style with a really bright and airy B section. UKGROOVE does a better job at early 80s New Romantic pop than the styles on disk 52.

My only reservation is with the Ska-derived styles - the midi drums (which are the default) are a little bit hesitant (even transferred to Sonar and using EZDrummer) and the Reggae real drums are just too big sounding - the ska tracks are otherwise really good, with good (midi) bass lines and guitar stabs/fills, but they do cry out for a good ska real drums track. I did hear the Police were finished their tour - perhaps Steward Copeland could be persuaded to drop by Victoria for a couple of hours!

Anyway, hats off to PG - this is the music of my youth and it sounds really good. It will be overlooked in the welter of RTs, but that would be a shame.

Brian