Yea - I've been waiting for the "Pro" version primarily for

1 - more guitar body area (the YRG is so small here);

2- A more standard width neck (standard 13" radius width) - the YRG neck is wider than a my Strats, LP's, a LOT wider than my very narrow '68 ES-335 but not quite as wide as classical nylon

3- and what LOOKs to be a little more space/area between bridge/tailpiece and "pickup" cover on which to pick/finger pick. I'm constantly finding myself trying to pick right where the "pickup" cover is. I tend to pick right at end of neck or north/left (for right handed pickers) of the last PUP - I never pick right at bridge and seldom in middle of, or over the PUP's, on actual guitars.

Again I don't really care about any new on-board sounds (unless they go all out and add a full blown synth - unlikely) but I won't pay a lot either. The Pro LOOKS like same tech repackaged in a slightly larger frame/body. If the Pro goes too far north of say $200 it's off my list since I already have multiple really nice, really $$$, real guitars - with MIDI PUPS's.

We'll see

BTW I forgot - if you ALREADY play guitar, want/need a MIDI controller and can't play keyboards - you almost can't go wrong for < $140. (if nothing else if you hate it you can give to your great grandkids, grandkids or kids to go with their Wii's or PS3's or XBOXs for Xmas !)

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 07/29/12 03:39 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20