Quote:

Hope that explains it to some degree....

floyd

yeah, encouraging info, thank you, my curiosity has been sufficiently quenched by your response. It's one thing to compare my sound quality with let's say the most popular commercial artists of the day, and think to myself, well hell, that should be expected from a studio, analogue engineered recording, produced by professionals with unlimited resources, which has been mastered ultimately, to achieve what I call 'radio punch' on machinery which cost, I dunno, anywhere from $7,000 on up, and so why should I think I can compete? But, it's another thing totally, to hear the quality of your songs among some others present here and still find my sound quality uncomfortably deficient sounding.

I am not talking about anything but the drop-off of volume or punch of my work compared to some others here.

The only thing I am left wondering is when you say you put the volumes of your tracks at 127, where is it that you do that exactly, and don't you worry about 'clipping' is it? Or, distortion? How do you offset it? If I raise the volume of my tracks over 100 in power tracks, my VU meter spends quite a bit of time in the red zone. Are you saying that you raise the volume of the BIAB tracks in BIAB?

Last tech question for me while in the 'User Showcase':)