Correct me if I'm wrong (I know Mac will), but were not the greatest composers, the so called "masters" mostly up in years? I think Mozart was in his 20s but he was, by far, the exception. That's a thrill of music...one need never retire from making beautiful music. In fact, we can continue to grow and improve in music until physical impairments begin to limit us.

I'm nearing 72, chronologically, but I still feel that I have something to add to the overall mix. Admittedly, I don't learn as fast or retain as much as I once did but music seems to be indelibly implanted in my heart and mind. I must re-read the BIAB instructions each and every time I use the program.

Like Mac, I was always most comfortable among the "older folks" who I always found to be more mentally stimulating than my peers who were content with simply "hangin' out".

If longevity depends upon mental exercise then I expect to be around awhile yet but, unfortunately, the "physical" person that we are begins to shut down in spite of our best intentions. Some experts say the dying process begins at birth and at about twenty-one we are on the downhill slide.

Moral: Apply Dr. Gannon's sage (or parsley) advice: "Have fun!"