90 db yep, so right. My sister did one of those at the Whiskey maybe 15 years ago. Maybe 6 or 8 years ago the bass player booked us as a trio with me playing organ bass at a nice coffee shop on Fairfax. They "paid" us $50 for the parking plus a sandwich and drink. We did 2 of those "gigs" and then we were told they weren't paying anything any more, not even free sandwiches. They told us they had so many bands asking about playing there for nothing, they figured why pay anything? And I don't blame them, as a business why spend if you don't have to? Nobody cared we were pro level jazz players either. Sure there's always a few jazz fans but not enough to matter. I remember a gig I did at a country club and we started out with some jazz but no, all they wanted was light commercial listening and dance stuff. The 22 year old bartender loved the jazz though and knew the original artists that did them. It was nice to talk to a young guy who was totally into it but it still didn't matter he was the only one who cared. We did Marqueritaville, Brown Eyed Girl and all that similar crap. Again.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.