DC has always been cool Ray and I'm glad to hear it still is. When I got out of the Air Force in 1968 I worked for IBM on the corner of Connecticut and K for about 18 months and prior to that I was stationed at NSA in Fort Meade for 18 months so I was there about 3 years. Loved it in spite of the weather.

Here in LA there is plenty of good jazz but it's all at high end places up in the Hollywood and Burbank area. $10 covers, two drink minimums and all more or less big names with recording contracts who are either promoting their latest or working in some new players for their next tour. It's great to go occasionally for a night out. I've seen Dave Weckl, Jeff Lorber, Alex Acuna and the like. Oh yeah there's the House of Blues too lots of big acts there like Spyro Gyra, The Yellowjackets, Tower of Power. $20-30 at the door plus valet parking. If you're not one of those names, there's little for you out here.

I have a friend who moved here from New York about 15 years ago, grad of Berklee on piano, plays his butt off, sings like pretty much anybody, killer performer. He wasn't making it in NY so he thought he would try the studios here through Local 47. 15 years, not one studio gig and the usual collection of casuals like we all get. He's a full time teacher now.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.