Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
so far it looks like the following ideas are in general agreement:

1) July, August or Sept 2014 would be a good target time frame

2) small regional meetings interconnected with skype or other multi-user video chat program would greatly increase the number of participants

3) European participants may be able to access the multi-user video conference remotely, and/or have their own regional get-together

4) Atlanta works as the South Eastern meeting place

5 to be determined:
a) meeting places for other parts of the country and Europe
b) a more specific date
c) software to be used for video conferencing
d) person(s) to assume responsibility of coordinating the details for each location (preferably someone local to the site)

Pat,

I know you put a lot of thought into this (here comes da but) but what I was thinking just an informal whoever can make it type get together. No conferences, no skype hook-ups, nothing formal. Just a time and place to shake the hand and hug the ladies of the forum. Or at the most a planned big group lunch or dinner.

I suggest start with a poll for us here in the Eastern or even South Eastern Region to determine the number of people who would attend, choice of location/city and date.

As far as a coordinator is concerned I would hope someone from the destination city would step up and call a few shots or at least be a point man or lady.

By using the outcome of the poll we can determine where, when and who is coming.

Then each individual will be responsible for handling their own travel and hotel plans. Other than that we can play it by ear to determine what is done with any free time if available.

I'll start by placing the following poll on the forum:

Please rate your interest in attending a regional informal get together with other Forum Members sometime within the next 12 or so months.

Hey who knows, we may end up with a very small luncheon for two or two hundred. Either way I am in if the dates and destination work.

Make sense?

Later,