Quote:

What i hate about Proteus is that all the samples ahve crazy names i do not care to try and remember. I just want one to say accoustic guitar, or grand piano, or fender bass, whatever. Screaming monkey lead strings does not help me with quick setup.

Right now i am really enjoying TTS, and even sound center is nice for some stuff. But my next big purchase will be ketron SD2

The Proteus VX does not claim to be a GM playback sound module, there are plenty of those out there which do a better job if it's just GM sounds needed.
The 'crazy' preset names in VX don't always describe the sound it's emulating but it does have the 'Type' select by category filter which makes it easy to at least try something close to what your after.
Just above the main display window click on 'Type' choose for instance Strings and it will give you all the presets in the Strings family to try, same with Wind which brings up flutes, clarinet sax etc.

Brian Cadoret

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1111. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB