Niner-Zero,

I apologize for not knowing your real name. I know I've seen it before, but please forgive me for not using it here. So's you'll know, as far as I'm concerned we're just having a spirited discussion, not an argument. I'm learning things. I hope you feel the same. smile (To the rest of the community, I apologize for hijacking my own thread, but I'm having fun.)

Let's address the notice from the FCC. It has nothing to do with theft, but with failing to meet FCC guidelines. In addition, it references a proposed forfeiture. Do you know if it was ever levied? Also, note the date--it's rather old business.

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 16, 2006
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Janice Wise at (202) 418-7450
Janice.Wise@FCC.GOV

FCC PROPOSES FORFEITURE AGAINST BEHRINGER USA, INC. FOR MARKETING UNAUTHORIZED EQUIPMENT

Washington, D.C. -- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) today proposed a $1 million forfeiture against Behringer USA, Inc. for apparent violation of the FCC's equipment authorization rules.

The Commission concluded that Behringer apparently violated the FCC's rules by marketing in the United States at least 50 models of unauthorized digital audio devices. The rules require that these devices be tested and verified compliant with FCC technical standards prior to marketing them in the United States.

In proposing its forfeiture amount, the Commission considered that Behringer marketed the unauthorized devices for more than five years overall and for almost a year after it was on notice of the FCC's investigation, and that Behringer derived substantial financial gain from the sale of the unauthorized devices.

I'll grant you the court actions, which are new to me, but they are even more dated, going back to the mid- to late 1990s. How long should someone hold a grudge? I know of no ethical or legal issues with their current offerings and, as I said before, their stuff works at least well enough for my purposes, generally vastly exceeding expectations.

Richard

Last edited by Ryszard; 07/08/13 09:11 AM.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."