In the notation screen, push the 'Opt' button on the left and in the resulting Notation Window Options, on the right you can change the Chord Vertical Position up to 10 ledger lines above the staff. The program also moves chords up if there is a clash (sometimes, anyway). Individual chord entries can also be changed by right clicking on the chord and using the instruction "Chord height adjustment"

There will still be some clashes. For instance, depending on the number of bars per page, you may have chords clashing with the lyrics above. Believe you me, it is much tougher for we trombone players working in bass clef with most of the notes on ledger lines above the staff.

There really are quite a few ways of making adjustments to the printout but it does not mean there will not still be some problems. A Paper Mate Correction Pen and a calligraphy Pen are my only other suggestions. I use mine quite a lot. smile

Also a bit of a tip: If you do find a printout that works to your satisfaction; keep a copy of it with a note of the settings you used.

I know that PG Music and the experts on this forum always point out that BB is not a notation program but it is so perfect for lead sheets that I think a few notation improvements would be very well received by users in general. Not to mention we addicts. 2014 maybe?

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."