Danny... yeah, it's a tad bit more than 3 minutes

Tommy..... I agree. A music forum is not a place to discuss politics... facebook is a better place for such discussions..... but, music is just fine. Even a protest song about a politician..... just critique it from a musical/songwriter POV.

Janice & Bud..... I enjoyed writing this.... it was actually a fairly fast write.

Josie.... length matters not in this song..... it wasn't written as a commercial attempt.

Noel..... glad you liked the sound.

So... if you're "game", here's another political song from 2012..... I'm including the link in this thread as opposed to making it's own thread. I really like the lyrics and how they seemed to flow effortlessly as I was writing.....this too was a quick/easy write.... believe it or not, I actually scrapped 2 otherwise good verses for the sake of keeping this song to a "reasonable" length..... there was so much more that could have and should have been said in this song..... but 5:36 is long enough, don't cha think?

If you want to hear it and have five and a half minutes.....Leave our country alone: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11879522

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 10/04/13 06:37 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.