Hey Mac,

I don't think we disagree so much. As a recovering mathematician and workaholic, I know a bit about the truth in its various forms. One reason I went into the field was because the truths of mathematics are necessary truths. They are absolute, not contingent, hold in all possible worlds, and are the reason that engineers can rely on their calculations holding true - as long as they don't miss anything important. Think of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge - they used to call it Gallopin' Gertie - back in the day when engineers had limited understanding of the minimum "stiffness" required of such a structure. At the right wind speeds, the suspended roadway would resonate - explosively so on the day they recorded the bridge collapsing on film. I'm sure you've seen the movie.

EVERYONE - IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE COLLAPSE YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw

It's not that 1 + 1 = 5 is just wrong, it is unthinkable. It follows necessarily from axioms, undefined foundational statements, that allow the construction of the natural numbers 1,2,3, ...

I disavow relative truth, postmodernism, new age music, energy bracelets, the philosophy of Sun Ra, etc., etc. I just stated the standard elementary definition of knowledge as true, justified belief. No definitions of "belief", "justification," or "true" were given - in this case they are undefined axioms.

Of course, we could use a lot of space pursuing this, but I've got something much better for you. I'll post it in the Off Topic Forum and I'll put your name in the title.

You gonna luv it, mon.

Dean

Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)