Wow, in the attic. That's something. I'm in LA and I watched a local show a year or so ago about rattlers and how there's several subspecies of them around here and if somebody gets bitten it is really important to bring the snake in to the hospital if at all possible, or maybe some pics so they can identify it in order to administer the correct antivenin.

Even though these bites are usually not fatal they certainly can be serious like losing the part of your body that was bitten for example. The venom is very toxic, it kills the surrounding tissue which is what can cause your finger, toe or even somebody's entire hand or foot to have to be amputated in some cases.

Nothing to mess around with and I don't think I would have let any of my crew to go up there to kill the thing. Stop the job and call in some pros. For all you know there could have been more than one hiding up there.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.