Originally Posted By: Wallyg

If I put the BIAB main program on the SSD drive as you have, how much space will the remaining programs take?

Thanks,

Wally G

Wally, my /BB folder without any RealTracks or RealDrums is about 9 and a half Gigabytes. I have the audiophile version, so I'm not sure whether any of the ST2 or XT2 files, which are the ones taking up the most space, would be smaller on a non-audiophile system.

To answer your question, we would need to know whether you have the audiophile or regular version. I don't have all the files for 2014 yet so I can't answer yet.

As for Mac's comments, I have always been aware of this widely-distributed reasoning about SSDs and chose to disregard it. I have run BIAB and all my other application programs on my Intel SSD for two years with no difficulty, and they load amazingly quickly, as does Windows. If the drive goes down, I will just reinstall my applications. All the data is kept on another drive and backed up offsite.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors