Hi Danna,

VSC/DXi, mentioned in the above article, is the name of an older Roland soft synth. It doesn't work on 64 bit systems. It was because of this that PG Music introduced CoyoteWT into the BIAB/RB installation process.

The fact that your installation of Reaper has not picked up the PG Music plugins (Reverb, EQ, etc.) is strange.

Do you used BIAB on a USB hard drive?

My installation of Reaper automatically picked up everything that you're missing. I didn't have to do anything. There were some plugins that it didn't get, so I entered the path to those VST plugins. When I installed Reaper, I right-clicked on the installation file and installed it as Administrator. (I'm not sure whether you need to do this in Win 7.)

Have a look on your system and see if you can find a folder called "vstplugins" and then put the path to that into Reaper (just above the 'rescan' button).

For example, on my system (32 bit, Vista), I have the following folders...

c:\program files\vstplugins
c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins
d:\program files\vstplugins
d:\orogram Files\Cakewalk\vstplugins

All those are listed in the "Vst-plugin" path. If I recall correctly, Reaper picked up all of them except the Cakewalk one.

It might also be worthwhile locating Reaper.exe, right clicking on it, selecting properties and giving it administration privileges and then running 'clear cache/rescan'.

Lastly, what antivirus software do you use?

To be honest, this problem is now in the realm of things about which I know nothing. Hopefully someone with Win 7, 64 bit will see this post and offer a bit more insight.

Kind regards,
Noel

P.S. When we went through the initial process of checking BIAB to see if CoyoteWT was installed, the test confirmed that it was indeed installed. It's just that Reaper isn't seeing it.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024