Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

And although there are some excellent RT styles, using an old MIDI style and a bit of imagination can transform a dance hip-hop style into a smooth jazz style. Choose a mellower drum set, change the synth bass to a fretless or acoustic, change the synth comp to a Rhodes or grand piano, and so on.

You can change rock, country, blues, and so many other styles into something else just by changing the instrument patch.

Insights and incites by Notes

Notes, I was going to say the same thing but you did it for me and better than how I could have said it.

I have taken piano parts and turned them into vibes, guitar parts and turned them into strings etc and etc with MIDI. All I can add to your comments is that with MIDI you can change tempos with no audio artifacts. Also by changing tempos some of those jazz styles sound great in country or visa versa.

RTs are great and I do use them but MIDI is still my main workhorse.

Last edited by MarioD; 03/06/14 06:55 AM.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware