FWIW a few random thoughts:

- I try to listen to everything that is posted. I like BIAB and greatly appreciate the musical exploration it has allowed Janice and myself. Listening to what other folks do supports this approach. I have some great playlists made up of many members' contributions.

- I comment on the great percentage of what I listen to. If the genre is really not one I'm particularly familiar with I'll try to listen closely to, for example, the mix. Meaning, I try to find things to mention that are somewhat in my wheelhouse. One issue I struggle with is off key vocals. I'm a long time musician (not particularly accomplished chop wise) but I do have a good ear. I figure if singers are unaware of their pitch issues there's not much reason to join the fray - so I don't smile If for this or other reasons I simply don't like a song I just don't respond.

- The folks who post 4 or 5 songs at once could be considered dumpers. They bury active threads and deny themselves the thoughtful feedback they would get with a single post. I do find that annoying but it's themselves they are hurting.

- I've been a board admin and am currently a mod on a history related forum. From this experience I strongly feel that PG Music's user showcase is a great community and an overall great place to spend some time. The mods/admins do a fine job.

- And, rules or not, I do think that folks who post songs regularly and rarely respond to others would be better received if they offered their opinions. Not to join a clique or to take a quid pro quo approach....but simply to respect individuals who have taken time to listen and comment on their songs.

Pardon the ole phart ramble and no offense intended to anyone.

Bud

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 09/02/14 02:35 PM.