I'll admit up front I'm a binge listener. I'll go for awhile and not listen to much of anything (radio, Spotify, SoundCloud, UserShowcase or otherwise). One day I'll be in a listening mood and will listen to everything I can!

When I do listen the UserShowcase is normally where I start. I appreciate the variety, skill and just plain inspiration the showcase provides.

When I listen, I comment. To me it's just common courtesy. As others have mentioned, I try to provide encouragement, especially to newcomers or infrequent poster, and positive feedback. In some cases I've been known to send a private message.

Many posters create songs I consider as radio ready, of commercial quality or at almost that high level of quality. In SOME of those cases (it somewhat depends on what type of feedback I assume the poster wants to receive) I will listen multiple times and diplomatically, I hope, provide critical feedback.

My issues are in dertermining when a poster is seeking critical analysis or what type of analysis is appropriate to the poster. Another is sometimes I'll hear something I think maybe useful to me such as use of an effect or a particular riff and I'll ask about it and either not receive a response or receive a "didn't answer the question" general purpose response.

I'm just at the beginning of my Biab / music production journey and consider the UserShowcase postings to be not only inspirational but to also be a learning tool, just like many of the other forum threads.

Mac, how I miss his presence in the forum. He didn't post many songs on the UserShowcase but his analysis of other posts were normally spot on. He acknowledged the good and told step-by-step how to make the bad or normal better. There are some others like that but too few in my opinion.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home