Originally Posted By: Mike sings
@90db: So what your saying is that 99.99% of all profesional musicians earn their living in an odious way?

After all most musicians get paid to play the music someone else wrote. Be it a classical musician playing Bach or a studio musician recording for an artist, the musician touring with an artist and even most artists: neither of them actually wrote the music they play and therefor cover a song someone else wrote...

Personally I don't find anything wrong in playing cover songs. After all; when you're gigging for a living you provide a service. That service is called entertainment. If the customer wants classic hits and evergreens, that's what the customer gets. My job is to read the audience, perform the best performance ever and make sure it sounds perfect. In other words be a pro. Besides that, have you ever wondered how many hit songs are originally recorded by other artists before and before and before...

I never heard someone say to a chef in a restaurant that he earns his living in an odious way because he cooks dishes that other chefs have developed...

I think you will find Mike that 90db is totally joking as there has been quite a few threads now about covers and some people on here say they would rather not play at all then do covers.

That's the way I read it anyways.

Now he's going to kick me up the A$$ for telling you, and make me buy him Guinness all night.

smile

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 12/29/14 03:01 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile