Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

.............What you do is simply visualize what the chart looks like without all the extra stuff like 1sr/2nd endings, tags, codas, DS's, and section letters. By that I mean it's like taking a pic of an existing chart with your phone and simply counting the number of bars you see and the chords you see while ignoring the other..........
Bob

Reading again your proposal Bob ( jazzmammal) I realized that my first response was due to a wrong interpretation by me from your proposal. My first impression was that you were targeting the PDFtoMusic Pro conversion. In fact the true length of the endings is missing or need to be corrected I do that by adding / correcting that stuff in the PDF at my tablet which is as easy as with pencil on paper ( even better since you can stuff as well), so I'm not printing paper anymore.

My problem which is to get all stuff normally printed correctly as beïng shown in BIAB pdf print, will be shown identical when imported via musicXML, while your problem is to be able to notate it simple and correct in BIAB in order to get a correct print out with 1st/2nd endings etc.

You give a methode to prevent adding all the extra stuff like 1st/2nd endings, tags, codas and DS's in BIAB if I'm correct and add it afterwards with pencil. But if you wanted partly ( or all?) that stuff can be added in BIAB if you really wanted to is my impression, as long as you print it while using the "Fake sheet mode" page representation during the print process, correct?

In fact my BIAB knowledge is still too limited I noticed, to really know till what extent you can add all the stuff in BIAB for "Fake sheet mode" printing what you really want to add. I used 1st/2nd ending codas and DS's etc. several times, if I wanted to create music with repeats at one page rather then at 2 pages. So it is possible to add it. Normally I do prevent it because my routine of using the methode is so limited I rather use 8 bars in a line + using more lines at a page and write all music sequentially as we play them. Additionally some of my band members are bad in following 1st/2nd ending correctly which is another reason why I usually prevent them. But again you can add 1st/2nd ending codas and DS's if you wanted to, so why don't you? Is it too complicated or are the indications which can be added too limited?

My concern is what are the limits from all the things you can add with BIAB in order to get the most complicated pdf print out you can produce. Then the next step is can it all be converted correctly into musicXML by PDFtoMusic Pro? If not what can be improved by Myriad in order to get a perfect reproduced copy from the BIAB pdf if importing it as converted musiXML.

I give an simple example, without any manual corrections and without filtering anything I did use the file:
Agua De Beber-Am.MGU
Printed that file as:
Agua De Beber-Am (Biab-print).pdf in the Fake Sheet Mode.

Converted that pdf with PDFtoMusic Pro into:
Agua De Beber-Am (P2M-conversion).xml

Imported the XML result into Sibelius and exported the result as:
Agua De Beber-Am (Sibelius-xml import).pdf and
Agua De Beber-Am (Sibelius-xml import).sib

Imported the XML result into MuseScore and exported the result as:
Agua De Beber-Am (MuseScore-xml import).pdf and
Agua De Beber-Am (MuseScore-xml import).mscz

Imported the XML result into Finale and exported the result as:
Agua De Beber-Am (Finale-xml import).pdf

All mentioned files can downloaded via unzipping Fake BIAB's.zip: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7389688_4167795_9087518

I've got a filter which can correct some specific mistakes, will resize/position chord fonts and resize/position page size, which I didn't use for this conversion. The results are pure as used during conversion and importing.

I hope you will give some comments on the results.
Rob

Musicians and music publishers are still wasting too much paper...come on men we live in the digitised age...Wake up!