Originally Posted By: Graham Martin
......As a marketing type I am looking at the number of views of this topic. That again indicates the big interest in getting proper score printouts from BIAB! I know an awful lot of people who would update to get those improvements

I'm also interested in those numbers but only to see how many people read this and how many are really interested to get there print outs on a tablet where they can TRANSPOSE "on the spot". Additionally they can exchange their music "on the spot" with other musicians. No paper involved. Saving trees! Having any music available "on the spot", binding your favourite YouTube examples "on the spot" etc.etc!

And to be honest it disappoints me every time. Although a lot of my results can be downloaded and viewed right away the #people who really seem to take interest seem unbelievable low to me wrt the #readers. My public links are located at SugarSync which gives the possibility to see how many people download a specific link when I mentioned it in the forum(s).

This originally posted issue (Your favorite way of making .....) is the first one which did offer some downloading (I posted earlier at other BIAB forums). May be I'm impatient. So it seems crucial where to post what! My discussion here is may be a little bit "off topic" but the longer I think about it, the more I believe it is "NOT off topic", although I've no idea what the majority off BIAB users do with the program. The "real band" side is imho the most heavy part of the program, but most users I know use it primarily to fast notate a song from a music fake book or search for a excisting song in all available BIAB files, then use the possibility to TRANSPOSE it and print it for themself or hand it out to other musicians in a correct key!

What is called the "decent print out" in this forum issue? As far as I experience the print outs made by BIAB at a printer are good enough! The problems are at the notation side! Everybody wants a fast notation possibility without all the tough complexity which is offered by true notation programs. That it is exactly what is offered by BIAB, but just a little bit too less to please enough people.

But times are changing fast and the world market is bigger then ever! The rat race for commercial shares is exploding. Paper printing is out. Tablets are in. Last month I attended a song contest ( yearly held for over 50th) in Amsterdam between 16 singers accompanied by a 7 heads band of real pro's. It was a variëty of singers from classic to jazz and pop. So the band had to play very different things! Already (or in my eyes only) 3 used an iPad for all their music. Next year it will be 5 if not all!

You can do so much more things with a tablet then with paper. And there is nothing what you can do with paper what you can't do with your tablet! Believe me just start learning it!

Rob

Musicians and music publishers are still wasting too much paper...come on men we live in the digitised age...Wake up!