Hi Valentino,

I'm not sure that I have interpreted your post correctly. My take on it is that you have loaded a midi file into BIAB. This MIDI file contains its own drums and BIAB is not substituting Realdrums for those drums contained in the midi file.

If my interpretation is correct, please read on ...

The "Substitute Realdrums for MIDI drums" option only works for PG Music created styles that contain midi drums. This is normal behaviour. BIAB will not substitute Realdrums for drums contained in midi files.

What I interpret as happening is this ...

1. The style that is already loaded in BIAB when you import/open the midi file has correctly substituted the Realdrums (if the style originally had midi drums). This is why the track is initially green.

2. When the midi file begins to play, because the midi has embedded instrumental instructions, the midi file takes control of BIAB (as expected) and the midi drums contained in the external midi file will now play.

If you want to have Realdrums play along with the midi file, you will need to only import those tracks of the midi file that contain the music information you want. Do not import midi channel 10 data. I suspect that if you selectively import what tracks you need, all will be well (provided the midi file as correct tempo instructions contained within it).

Hope this helps,
Noel

P.S. If you want to work with midi files, Realband is much much better suited to the task than BIAB.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024