Everything works now. No more errors.

This is 'maybe' how I solved it. I tried everything from uninstalling/re installing to updating drivers for everything and getting latest versions of everything and rebooting all components ... nothing helped. I still had the problem. I called tech support. They didn't know what was wrong.

Then I tried to install BIAB on another computer. Guess what that required me to do? Unplug the USB drive (and my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 audio/digital interface) in order to plug it into my other computer. Anyway, it worked fine on the other computer, so I plugged the USB drive (and my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24) back into my original computer and everything worked correctly!

Here is the thing: I had rebooted my Focusrite Saffire thingie numerous times - turned it off and then on again numerous times. Same with the computer into which the USB drive was attached. But I had never literally unplugged the connection of either the USB Harddrive or the Focusrite Saffire thingie...

Since I tried everything else imaginable (except disconnecting and reconnecting those particular components) and none of that worked, I have to assume that it was the disconnecting/reconnecting that actually solved the problem.

Let me know if you you have had the same thing happen or reason to believe that my experience was from some other cause.

Thanks,
Jonathan