Originally Posted By: gruverider
That is very kind of you to say Pat. I'm happy to hear that my songs strike a chord with you. This song is very special to me for a number of reasons. One of which is that it is the first song I wrote after Hurricane Katrina. It had been exactly two years to the month after the storm when I wrote it. I had moved to a new home, a new city, a new state, a new job; made new friends and thought I had found the love of my life. I was wrong.

But the experience started me writing again and I've written dozens of songs since. Life takes you where it takes you and it does so without warning.

My late brother who lived and worked in Nashville for many years when encouraging me to continue to write songs, always told me I only had to get it right ONCE. But that time would almost always come when it was least expected and likely be a song least expected to resonate with everyone - as such a song would certainly have to do.

I believe you have written a ONE! I made my first post before I had listened enough times to allow the song to really sink in but I now realize this is beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

Charlie

Last edited by c_fogle; 02/25/15 02:52 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.