Originally Posted By: SpaceDog

Charlie,
Funny you mentioned the song "Telstar" from the Ventures. Noy only do I remember that tune, I still play it from time to time. The sound of that reed organ lead really sounded like technology to me. I used a similar sound for my solo after the chorus.
About the Church Hymnal style, honestly, it was coincidental (perhaps subconcious).
SD

"Telstar" has its own BIAB connection with Ventures guitarist Nokie Edwards being a lifelong friend with forum member Don Gaynor.

And, about the Church Hymnal style, after making that remark in my post, over in the Woodshedding Forum, there is a thread, HOW MUSIC WORKS WITH HOWARD GOODALL, that has a video lecture link I watched about how the Beatles saved classical music by Mr. Goodall. It is an interesting lecture on classical music's influence on the Beatles and the Beatles influence on classical music.

A major point Mr. Goodall makes regarding Beatle Paul McCartney's use of classical techniques although he had no classical training, was that he borrowed many of these classical techniques from church hymnals. So, there you go! You're in good company.

Coincidence by a rocket scientist? Maybe, maybe not. Above average songwriting? Absolutely...

Last edited by c_fogle; 03/16/15 03:11 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.