Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Off-Topic
K
Journeyman
Journeyman
K
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Wow you could have gotten the same message across without the last two pretty sarcastic digs at Mr. Gannon, or is it just me seeing it this way?

Later,

No, Danny, it isn't just you. I see it the same way as you.

Jeaux

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Funny but true story. I commissioned myal2 company to do a logo for a new business called Recovery Pathways (mental health). When I got the designs back the said 'recovery partways'. We fell about laughing, but it was hard getting a refund

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Like your stuff Don, do we need the address? Perhaps a picture of a session musician. Who was that drummer in the muppets? I am sure with your sense of humour you could find Something?

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
We probably don't need the complete steet zip place address. I also would include a QR code for easy smartphone access without typing. Email, website, phone are sufficient in a not too prominent way. It just needs to be there for smartphoneless people.

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
1.: Band-in-a-Box versus 2.: Band in a Box

I like the first one, because it is a unit. The second one is harder to trademark since it is only a phrase that could be used in normal language. The first one is clear in that sense. But the logo of Band-in-a-Box is without hyphenation:

http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/bb_logo_homepage.png

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Please remember that these are still "conceptual graphics" or "idea-starters".

I even violated my own "no space rule" in the address frame.

Also, I love symmetry so the waveform, being heavy on the port side, begs to be replaced. All text needs to be centered.

The text in the address frame can be opened up then reduced to a smaller type size. Perhaps the smallest legible size. That would allow concatenation of vital information on fewer lines.

I sort of like the hawk in the earlier graphic, not as a mascot, but as a source of adjectives: soar; higher; flight; air; sight; excellence; strength; etc. The hawk can easily be reduced in size.

Remember, this is only conceptual.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Like your work Don, please carry on smile

Maybe "less is more" Maybe four words is too much?....?.../????

just taking a perspective...

Z

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
No worries, mate.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
GHinCH, you'd be amazed at what can be trademarked in the US. I see television ads by drug companies, investment firms, and other businesses who have laid claim to rather common phrases. Let me assure you, it would work here. wink

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Of course, I completely forgot that PGM is a Canadian enterprise . . . blush

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My Humble Opinion;
It needs more 'hard sell' at this point in its maturation. No need to be shy.
Possible lines (off the top of my head):

You're missing the boat!
Work with Real Musicians
You'll hear the difference

Hear your song with RealArtists performing on your tracks (with a link to partial list and 'read more')

The best kept secret of recording & production studios.

Wanna jam with Jeff Lorber, Neil Swainson, Ron Carter, Brent Mason, Miles Black and other studio musicians? Check out BiaB/RB ..

Link to site (of course)

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

There are so many aspects that could draw in sales.

Also more more current graphic enticement in the ads .. need to catch the eye to begin with. We are all bombarded by ads daily.

Just my thoughts on this tonight..

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent points all, rharv.

Perhaps my efforts would be better described as "splash screens", I honestly don't know how they would fit in the overall scheme of things.

(Exiting stage left).

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I'm just glad to see these suggestions carry on without skewering, other than the OP. I tried to raise these points a few years ago and was pretty much run off the forum for making very similar comments. No harm in rharv's suggested name dropping. That is absolutely a distinctive feature unmatched by any other product on the market.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
What is the most important thing about BIAB?

- 30-day guarantee? Nope. I don't care about a guarantee on something I ain't gonna buy! This is important but ya gotta hook me first. Maybe this is included in the ad but it ain't the most prominent part.

- A list of the RealTracks musicians? Nope. I am an amateur songwriter (perfect target audience for BIAB) and I have never heard of any of them! Most potential customers have not either.

- A bunch of happy customer quotes? nope. Every product can come up with (or make up) fans raving! These are secondary or tertiary.

- A photo of an eagle? Nope. Great looking bird but it has nothing to do with the product and too vague to be a good metaphor.

This is an extremely important initial step in this process and it will be affected by properly defining the target audience too! My suggestion is to work really hard to come up with the absolute coolest features of BIAB and then fashion a "hook" using those. rharv is doing some of that in his post.

For me (and I would guess a lot of potential customers) these are,

BIAB is software that enables fast and easy creation of professional quality musical accompaniment using the chord progressions you enter on the screen! It includes real instruments such as guitars, drums, bass, banjo, fiddle, sax, piano and lots more, all played by professional musicians and sampled for your convenience! You have full control over chords, key, tempo, style/genre and lots more! Add your own instruments or create your tracks entirely within the software. BIAB gives you a comprehensive professional backing band for performing or recording with!

Then, take the optimized/summarized message and do a very attractive, modern ad that gets people to look at it and bother to read the text instead of dismissing it as something old and cheesy! Don't mention MIDI anywhere in the ad! Perhaps do not even use the logo or screenshots because they are just not up-to-date or sophisticated enough to look good in a high-end ad.

Just my opinions...YMMV! laugh

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
And add for good measure
"BEWARE, THIS SOFTWARE IS ADDICTIVE!"
grin

Chris
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
While we're at it:

There are many good suggestions here and most of them probably work with quite a few people. Those who are not interested by one approach will get hooked by another. The professionals, once they have a few ideas, usually call their lady friend AIDA. AIDA stands for

1) Attention
2) Interest
3) Desire
4) Action

I have no problem with the current logo per se. Maybe it could be a bit freshened up. But I generally would leave it as it is in a general way. Many have seen it in advertisements and at music fairs. So it something familiar for many. Unless one has the brilliant idea for a catchy logo that works equally good in color and in black and white -- leave it alone. The logo doesn't sell, it is a mere object to recognize something. Or do you get interested to buy a Chevy when you see the sheared cross of the Chevrolet logo?

We have to attract attention. That leads us to define our target groups and their needs
  • Songwriters -- prototype new songs in different genres
  • Music school attendees -- practise musical sequences to master the instrument
  • Instrumentalists -- practise and learn band material
  • Singers -- more or less the same as instrumentalists
  • others?

When we have their attention we need them to get interested.
  • This is cool
  • Can I use it
  • it seems like a time saver
  • Easy access links to less than a minute videos
  • others?

Then they need to grow the desire to have the product.
  • This is cool
  • I need it
  • That's a time saver
  • My birthday, Easter, Christmas is near
  • I finally will sound great with this backing band.
  • others?

And finally the action: Call, if the line's busy: Call later, but do call.
  • Easy contact address, better than sales@at is bill@, george@, or sue@.
  • Print media: QR code to video. video needs clickable email or chat contact, even a clickable phone number
  • Electonic media: clickable links to video, email or chat contact, phone number
  • others?

So: I would generate an advertising envelope that can be filled with the appropriate content for the respective target group.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

BIAB is software that enables fast and easy creation of professional quality musical accompaniment using the chord progressions you enter on the screen! It includes real instruments such as guitars, drums, bass, banjo, fiddle, sax, piano and lots more, all played by professional musicians and sampled for your convenience! You have full control over chords, key, tempo, style/genre and lots more! Add your own instruments or create your tracks entirely within the software. BIAB gives you a comprehensive professional backing band for performing or recording with!

...... Don't mention MIDI anywhere in the ad!

Just my opinions...YMMV! laugh

I agree with everything except the don't mention MIDI part. The rest of the music world is heavy into MIDI and in fact the only site on which some don't believe this is this site. IMHO add MIDI to the above and you have the perfect ad!

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Just a personal humorous (to me anyway) observation here but to me the irony in this conversation overwhelms the subject matter. Example, everyone of us who are trying to show Peter a "better way" i.e., new and improved attractive ad with better copy to sell his products have:

#1. Already bought them
#2. Love them
#3. On a daily basis recommend them to others

PS: Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
So I guess the ads worked - point well taken.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Just a personal humorous (to me anyway) observation here but to me the irony in this conversation overwhelms the subject matter. Example, everyone of us who are trying to show Peter a "better way" i.e., new and improved attractive ad with better copy to sell his products have:

#1. Already bought them
#2. Love them
#3. On a daily basis recommend them to others

PS: Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Later,

So, I can already play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Little Brown Jug on my shiny new saxophone...The Music Lessons Worked! No need to take any more!!!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,982
Posts739,645
Members38,631
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Musitechnic, JOSEP ALEXANDER, deathbydrone2045, Henreo, Lzn
38,630 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)