Well, there is a huge difference in RealStyles versus MIDI styles. For RealStyles, all you can do is select a "Real" instrument for a slot in the style, and it's going to play pretty much the same thing in every style that contains it. That's because it's pre-recorded. Yes, there are variations, depending upon where in the style BIAB picks up the riff, but mostly will sound the same. So you can have another style with the same guitar and a different bass, and it's going to sound like the same guitar, but a different bass.

For MIDI styles, however, there is a lot of variation, depending upon the number of patterns contained and defined for that style. MIDI styles are generally created with the whole "band" playing in a certain way, with the riffs complementing each other (although they don't have to, but usually they do). RealStyles, however, are just a matter of choosing a RealTrack that "probably" sounds good with one or more other RealTracks. The riffs of each instrument are not "synched" up to play together as a band.

Those are some of the trade-offs you get between Real and MIDI.

And of course, StylePicker displays RealStyles (all RealTracks), MIDI styles (all MIDI instruments and defined riffs), and mixed (some RealTracks/some MIDI in the same style).

I suspect though, once you get past the first few thousand styles anyway, they're going to start sounding similar, because you only have so many instruments to choose from and only so many patterns to play in a bar or two.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com