I use BiaB to get RT's and RD's. Primarily bass and rhythm instruments and fills or leads from other RT's I think fit the song. Sometimes I'll record my own guitars. But, when it comes to getting the ending I want from BiaB...I struggle.

The way I work is I'll choose a style initially that works, but I almost always swap out the RT's, and probably the the RD's too. For example, I need Nashville 2 Beat RD's on what is essentially a Country Ballad style. There aren't many styles that use 2 beat RD's. I remember from a video tutorial that the Style will dictate the ending, but I have no idea how it works. There's no way to audition a Style's ending, is there?

I usually go through a series of tests with Song Settings: Ending, rests, holds, shots, no ending, etc. And for a slowed down ending or something of that nature, it's about impossible for me to get that from BiaB.

One exception is a song I just finished mixing where I picked a blues style and have a B3 organ RT. It ends perfectly with the B3 holding and then releasing the ending chord.

I can edit the wave files I import to my DAW and carve out a suitable ending, and usually that's what I do.

Do others go through this same process, or is there an easier way?