Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
I love this. Come to the International Bluegrass Festival In Raleigh. We are the bluegrass capital of the world. You will be a hero.

https://ibma.org/world-of-bluegrass

indeed, one of the winners of this years song writing contest at Merlefest in Wilkesboro NC was from Australia!

On a different note: I agree with Greg that the upbeat tune mixed with very dark lyrics seems a bit strange to my musical sensibilities... but that may have been more common in pioneer days when difficulty was a common and expected part of life, and their folk music was the primary tool for buoying their spirits to get through it

And I also agree with whoever it was who said that you did a great job of capturing an Americana feel for the song. Although, there were different chord patterns in vogue during the civil war period. Your pattern is a bit more modern. In order to really capture the era, you'd almost have to research the music of that period and craft the chords around whatever was popular in the day. Think Stephen Foster.

But, lest this come across as a critique (not my intent) let me say that I'm a big fan of your productions, and this song is no exception! Great job!

Hi Pat. Have been wondering if you where ok?
Thanks for the tip on Stephen Foster. I had no idea he wrote all those wonderful songs.
I always value what you have to say and appreciate all your comments.
Thank you for your support and encouragement.
Kind regards Rob.