Nice reference. As always, down in the comments the discussion gets interesting as it sways further and further off topic, the insults get more personal, the facts more dubious.

Gets more interesting as the one 'standout' pro commentator gets more and more frustrated that his only valid point is not sinking into the inexperienced heads of mush no matter how often he repeats.

Gets really interesting when I google the pro --

He's all over the internet blogs with the same MO --

The relevant question the comments wallow in: Is a newby learning eq tips from a chart (paint by numbers technique) have the same educational value of newby getting the same info from say, Alan Parsons walking by and saying "cut 3db at 250hz."? The question is never answered.

I recall recording straight into a 4 track reel to reel with my late brother in the early 1980's. He close mic'd two amps and another mic for my vocals. He set up the amps for the sound he wanted from each (hear that Herb? Isn't that your technique too?) smile

Set the record levels on the recorder and we made crystal clear recordings without any further eq'..

Those tapes still sound good today. I recorded with the same physical setup. Same amps, same mic's. My recordings sounded so muddy they were nearly unintelligible.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/02/15 03:55 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.