Hi Jeff,

The driver, as noted in Windows\System32\Drivers, is US-2x2_US-4x4.sys

Choosing MME driver and MS Sound Mapper both Input and Output does work.

If I attempt to choose ASIO and select the US-2X2 from the listed ASIO drivers I instantly receive Windows' popup dialogue: "Access violation ...etc "

Can't close popup dialogue (I guess that makes it a "monologue", doesn't it? Microsoft! Such kidders. :-)

The RealBand window doesn't regain focus to display a message such as "Error creating ASIO buffer" while the "dialogue" box insists on reclaiming focus each time I try to dismiss it. My only useful response is to kill the RealBand process with Windows Task Manager or by unplugging the Tascam interface USB cable.

When I pull the interface plug, I am then able to dismiss the error dialogue and RealBand returns to functionality.

Keeping the interface offline, I now select the ASIO driver and receive an "Error starting ASIO driver" and a popup dialogue stating: Error:
"Your ASIO driver uses a MAC-based data format. This program does not support MAC-based formats."

That's odd. BandInABox never complains. Perhaps a note to TASCAM (if anyone's home there) might be in order.

I may assume you've not encountered anything like this. Certainly seems odd to me. I don't recall this symptom when previously using the TASCAM US-144 MkII ASIO driver.

Peter