Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Pat,

Terrific video and great song, LOL!
Funny subject for writing a song about and how true it is.
About the travelling, other countries, bla bla of women on dating sites, Rob knows all about it! wink.
However men, as heard from friends, have the same tendency whistle
The song is very catchy and definitely inviting to sing along!

Anne-Marie

Thanks for listening and commenting, Anne-Marie! I really appreciate your positive observations, especially since you are so knowledgeable about the topics involved in this project: video making, song writing and relationships. I was a little bit afraid that the inherent negativity might offend my female friends on the forum, and I sincerely hope that isn't the case. The fact that you offered a rebuttal of sorts has me wondering... ;-)

You've picked up on something that I doubt many people will notice, and that is the intended irony in the criticism each gender makes about the other... because they both do the same things in different ways!

For example, the line "GALS MY AGE ALL LOOK SO OLD" is a classic reference to the dating double standard. Truth is that women of just about ANY age look FAR BETTER than men of the same age... yet dumpy old dudes on dating sites summarily dismiss the vast majority of potentially awesome partners because their filter is set for women who are 30 years younger!

Indeed, in listening to my friends complain about the superficiality of online dating, it's obvious that their own judgements are at least as shallow if not more so.