Originally Posted By: KeithS
Like John, I've never posted any of my recordings in the forum. There is a certain amount of self enforcement on the User Forum in that those who post without commenting on others posts or upload too often get chastised. The only motivation I would have to post my own work would be as an educational tool, and there is more than enough available for that purpose without me jumping in.

I don't post very often on any of the forums or at all on the user songs forum. I am more of a lurker.

I do read and listen to some of the songs. Usually I feel as its the same people who post songs that they have got so familiar with each other, that they are afraid to give an honest assessment, and words like, Wow what a performance, a keeper for sure, professional all round, another masterpiece, You have surpassed yourself this time, constantly patting each other on the back.

Nothing wrong in that, we all like to get our ego boosted, and to be encouraged, but maybe not the best way to get a true assessment of a song.

There is some outstanding songs from the users but because people are reluctant to separate the wood from the trees, only makes the forum of less value I feel.

Of course this is my own humble opinion, and as it seems to be working well in the song forum, long may it continue.

Axey