Originally Posted By: joe5
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
That's why it's so great PG Music makes the names of its musicians known. [I've played with a few of them.]

Oh sure, rub it in.

wink

Now c'mon. I don't ask for much here. cry

Seriously, this is actually one of my few soapbox issues, giving proper credit. We've lost a lot in the way music is distributed now.

Short story: I belong to a Facebook group of musicians who play Brazilian jazz. One posted a video clip of a wonderful Stan Getz live performance from the 1960s. The song was called the wrong name and no composer info was given. I transcribed and performed the song in my next concert, but wanted to find out who really wrote it. What a journey to do so! It turns out the song was written by a great Brazilian musician who never knew until decades later that his song had become famous in the USA. He never made a penny from it.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 08/15/16 06:47 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors