Originally Posted By: SFG
I'd like to know exactly what still needs to be worked on / added until there is no difference in functionality?
There is no list or 'platform features' comparison diagram available (despite frequently requested in that ill-named "Wishlist" forum!), so I can only give you an "off the top of my head" kind of answer:

1. There's no Conductor interface (has been on WinSux for years).
2. There's no "Soundtrack" feature (on WinSux since 2007!).
3. There's no RealBand (and according to Master Gannon himself, never will be!).
4. There's no Vocal Harmonisation (has been on WinSux since 2014).
5. There's no Piano Roll (not sure when they got that on WinSux, I honestly stopped reading & watching any more of the features listing since 2011, it was just too disheartening!).
6. Saw this in facebook: "Fretlight" version still being requested for Mac by someone, for at least the last two years.
7. Multiple GUI and interface issues that stem (according to forum speculations) primarily from the program being a port rather than using the optimal Mac-verse tools for the job, e.g. Pascal being rumoured as the current programming tool still, and no Apple SDK tools being used at all. This is why the program never "feels" (nor indeed looks!) like a Mac application.

The "good news" in relation to your full question is that, there's no differences in functionality between the various packages, just a matter of different amount of contents in each. So for instance, the MegaPak and the EverthingPak can do exactly the same things and have exactly the same features, only one has more things to work with (more RT's or styles etc) than the other. And this has held true on our Mac front as well.

Last edited by Icelander; 12/05/16 05:03 AM.

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)