Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
The single note thing comes up all the time. To put it simply single note recordings are all over the place right now. They're called samples and are played by a sampler. You can buy Kontakt or Sampletank and play as many single notes as you want using midi.

The whole reason RT's were invented was to get away from that because single notes cannot capture the nuance of a real performance. A sax player for example does not play a series of individual single notes during a solo. He will slur them, spit them, hum them, do all kinds of things with them as groups of phrases not single notes and that's what you hear with a Real Track.

Bob

I am not saying they are individual notes. I am also guessing. I am working with Kontakt and midi > samples has more options as you think. Each note is recorded with different volumes, because a harder played note is not only harder, but sounds different.

Second, if you can play with different articulations, you can also record it. I have string libraries with 10-15 different styles ( staccato, sustain, pizzicato, etc). With key switches you can switch to a different style. Even for one note.

It can come very close to the real thing.

Last edited by LeoK; 12/08/16 11:09 PM.