Bluage,

You'll find many forum members here also use Sonar products and are members of Cakewalk's forum. If you've never checked out Cakewalk's forum you can by clicking on ++ THIS ++ link.

Every DAW has an equalizer. Most versions of Sonar includes a six band equalizer like the one below. An easy way to find it is to click on a track to select the track, look at the track inspector on the far left side of the screen and look for the EQ symbol near the top of the inspector. If you don't see anything that says EQ, click on the display at the bottom of the inspector and select EQ to turn on display of the EQ feature.

The photo below shows I am inspecting a kick track. I've changed the defaults to turn off bands 2 - 6. I've set band 1 for high gain (18 db) and a narrow Q (24). The more narrow the Q, the less frequencies get changed. I have the song playing, the kick track on solo and the track gain (volume) set low so I can barely hear it. When I move the band 1 circle from left to right I am sweeping the frequencies. When I reach the main frequency of the track, 154 Hz in this instance, the sound will get much louder.

The EQ has a help button which opens a file that explains each EQ function in great detail. Check out Sonar Help for tutorial articles, song projects and videos.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
EQ.jpg (49.05 KB, 178 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home