Originally Posted By: Reaktor
Thank you Charlie for kind words.

This is how I interpreted your intentions. I just wanted to drop my story, as I never would have though video ending up to news feed... I would have put much more effort on it! smile

Making a review of Band-In-A-Box is as hard as trying to explain why Photoshop is defacto standard of industry. There are just way too many features & points to be made for reader/viewer to understand what it's all about and what it can do. It serves multiple user roles, be it educational or live playback.

I think that many users who have bumped to BIAB are initially impressed, but are quickly turned down by lack of good outcome. I just feel bad for BIAB having to prove itself as an serious tool and that's one reason why I wanted to do quick overview on BIAB <-> DAW workflow. I initially wanted to put more effort on style midi notation exporting, as that's what VST enthusiasts are more interested to see. I should have recorded string- and brass-sections from my orchestral libraries, but that video was just a moment of inspiration (as most of my videos are).

As for GUI, I initially tried using new UI but as I use UWHQ (3440 x 1440) monitor I seem to have LOT'S of spare room for icons, so I moved back to old UI. Great that it's still supplied as an alternative!

My technical problems seem to be really technical and hard to explain, such as MIDI-routing problem or VST's crashing, but I really appreciate the help community could provide. Hopefully I'll have more time to investigate depths of BIAB in future.

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to stress I see you and your video review as beneficial to the BIAB community and not detracting to it. I'm looking forward to more from you soon.

Check out the User's Showcase Forum and plan on favoring us with a taste of your original work....

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.