Wayne,

Welcome to the forums.

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, one of the below options might do the job for you.

ONE
Try repeating the chord at the beginning of the next new bar following the mid-bar chord. See the image below. In most instances, repeating a chord causes the bass note pattern to start afresh.

TWO
I am assuming that the song is in 4/4 time. This solution involves taking a single 4/4 bar and replacing it with two 2/4 bars.

Let's say bar 20 is the problem bar.

1. Right-click on bar 20.

2. Select 'Bar Settings'.

3. Change the 'Beats per bar' to 2.

4. Now right click on bar 21 and select 'Insert' and insert 1 bar. (This adds a new bar between bar 20 and bar 21.)

5. Right click on bar 22, select 'Bar Settings' and change 'Beats per bar' to 4. (BIAB if 'Beats per bar' is changed, BIAB will continue play the new setting until it reaches a bar to command it otherwise. By setting bar 22 to 4 and bar 20 to 2, this means the bars 20 and 21 will be in 2/4.)

6. Now put your first chord at the beginning of bar 20 and the second chord at the beginning of bar 21.

Hopefully one of the above will do what you are after.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
repeat chord.JPG (15.93 KB, 109 downloads)
After adding a chord mid-bar (as in G in the image), repeating the chord in following bar will help force the bass line to reset.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024